Dear Myo Community,
We have missed you so much, and we are excited to finally announce our Stage 1 re-opening starting June 1!
In Stage 1, we will be offering a limited schedule of 1-on-1 services, including massage and acupuncture. For now, our classes will remain online, but please stay tuned for updates. For the protection of both clients and staff, we will have numerous new policies and procedures in place. We appreciate your cooperation to make things as safe as possible for everyone.
Massage establishments in Texas were permitted to re-open starting May 18th. We chose to wait so that we could thoroughly review the available guidance and information and ensure that our protocols and policies were fully implemented. We did not make the decision of whether and when to reopen lightly. Our staged re-opening plan is based on guidance from state and local officials, Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, The Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, the CDC, and other experts in the health field, and we are meeting or exceeding the recommended guidelines. But given the high incidence of pre-symptomatic contagion, transmission via respiratory droplets produced from normal talking and breathing, and the close contact necessary to provide massage, nothing short of an effective treatment or vaccine will make it possible to get back to “normal”. For some of our therapists, this means they won’t be returning to work for a long time, if at all. But for others, the benefits of providing care and pain relief outweigh the risks. We are supporting therapists in the choice that makes the most sense for them, while doing everything we can to minimize risk every step of the way.
We ask that you prepare for your visit with the same care and consideration as you would before visiting a cherished grandparent: the next client your therapist sees may well be one! Please take the time to review the new guidelines and protocols you can expect on your next visit.
Before Your Appointment
- If you have any sign of illness, or if you have had close contact with anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, we will not be able to work with you. We are happy to reschedule you; please let us know with as much notice as possible.
- If you have not been able to practice proper distancing for at least two weeks, or have engaged in any behavior that puts you at high risk for contact, please delay scheduling your appointment.
- All necessary paperwork, including a Covid-19 release form and intake forms, must be filled out in advance.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to accommodate our new screening procedures and limited capacity in our lobby. If you arrive late, or if you haven’t completed paperwork in advance, your session will be shortened accordingly.
- Please bring your own water if needed, but otherwise leave unnecessary belongings in your car. If you need special accommodations in terms of positioning or equipment (eg bolstering) please contact us in advance so that we can prepare.
When you Arrive
- Please text us from your car to let us know you are parked. We will call you as soon as we are ready for you to come in.
- A properly fitted mask must be worn over your nose and mouth for the duration of your visit. Masks will be available for rent if you don’t bring one.
- When it’s your turn, we will unlock the door for you, check your temperature and ask a few screening questions.
- Sanitize your hands when you arrive, and before and after touching any surfaces.
- In order to ensure proper social distancing and disinfection, our waiting area and some of our amenities are not available at this time. After you check in, your therapist will meet you in the lobby.
- During your visit, we ask that you keep conversation to a minimum to avoid unnecessary respiratory droplets in the air. If you have complex concerns that require extensive discussion, please contact us in advance so that we can arrange a call with your therapist.
- We would be happy to assist you with any retail purchases, but we ask that you do not touch anything in our retail area.
- Payment will be entirely contactless; we recommend prepayment, or if you prefer we will verify your billing details prior to your appointment and charge it while you are in session. You can specify any gratuity amounts before or after your appointment via text.
- We would be happy to book your next appointment by phone, text, or using our online booking system.
What we are doing
- Temperature and symptom screening of all staff at arrival.
- All staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters in each treatment room to remove 99.7% of airborne particles.
- Each treatment room is thoroughly sanitized between each client. We have added extra time between appointments to ensure that we can carefully complete all sanitization steps and allow the air to fully circulate.
- All high touch surfaces are sanitized frequently (after each use wherever possible) with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available through space for clients and staff.
- Minimized contact at check in and check out.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. Please note that in order to adhere to safety protocols, things may take a bit longer than before, and certain services and therapists will not be available. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience with our team. We can’t wait to (very carefully) get back to helping you feel better!
Catherine & Levi