Phase 2 re-opening!
When we closed 6 months ago, we had no idea the impact that COVID-19 would have on all of us, or how long it would last. The pandemic is nowhere near over, but we know better how to manage the risks, and we feel it’s time to play a role in safely rebuilding health and community. We are grateful to everyone for your patience, and in particular to those members who have stuck with us all this time. If you have questions about your membership, please let us know – many of you have partially unused class packs that can be unfrozen whenever you are ready to return. To minimize risks, some of our classes will be held outdoors, all indoor classes will require masks, any equipment will be sanitized between each use, and we will have HEPA air filters running in the classroom. Additionally, most classes will be held as a series with the same pod of no more than 6 students, so that exposure is limited. We will also continue a limited selection of online classes for those not yet ready to visit the studio.
Here’s what we have in store:
- Feldenkrais: Walking with your Entire Spine
- Pilates Fit Series
- Floor Barre Series
- Natural MoveCamp
- Tone & Stretch Series
- Iyengar Yoga: Adapting to your New Normal
- Flow Yoga: Exploring Transitions
We will also have a weekly online drop-in schedule including Feldenkrais, Floor Barre, Core Barre, Pilates Fit, and Workout! with Erica Nix.
In order to limit exposure, all in-person classes are being offered as pre-registered series or one-time events. Drop-ins will not be available except for online classes. Don’t delay signing up! Class size is limited. Conversely, classes with insufficient interest may be cancelled. If your class does not make, we will contact you with options. Please check back for additions and changes!
When you register, you are signing up to attend the entire 1-5 week series. Pricing varies depending on the series length. If you miss a class, you will have access to an online class of your choice, but registration fees are not refundable. In the case of illness, please contact us as soon as possible for arrangements. Active memberships and class packs may be applied to series; please contact us if you have trouble registering with your preferred payment option.
As part of our Stage 2 re-opening plan, we have numerous new policies and procedures in place for the protection of both clients and staff. We appreciate your cooperation to make things as safe as possible for everyone.
Please take the time to review the new guidelines and protocols you can expect on your next visit:
- All necessary paperwork, including a new Covid-19 release form, must be filled out in advance.
- For indoor classes, please arrive at least 15 minutes early to accommodate our new screening procedures. Text us at 512-458-4696 to let us know you are parked. When it’s your turn, we will unlock the door for you, check your temperature and ask a few screening questions.
- A properly fitted mask must be worn over your nose and mouth for the duration of your time indoors.
- Please bring your own water bottle, but otherwise leave unnecessary belongings in your car. If you need special accommodations in terms of equipment please contact us in advance so that we can prepare.
- After class, you will leave out the back door into the alley, unless you need assistance from the front desk.
- For outdoor classes, please meet your teacher at the stage area in Triangle park.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience with our team. We look forward to getting moving with you very soon!
You can still offer feedback to guide our class planning for future months. Please fill out our survey here!
Dear Myo Community,
We have missed you so much, and we are excited to finally be open again!
In Stage 1, we are offering a limited schedule of 1-on-1 services, including massage and acupuncture. For the protection of both clients and staff, we have numerous new policies and procedures in place. Please note that due to the increased time and costs associated with sanitization at this time, we are temporarily adding a $4 covid sanitization surcharge to each session. We appreciate your support in keeping everyone as safe as possible. We’ll discontinue the fee as soon as we are able to operate normally again.
For now, our classes will remain online, but we are busy preparing for the time when we can re-start our in-person movement classes. We imagine things will look a bit different than before, so it would really help us if you would share your ideas and feedback to help guide our planning. Please fill out our survey here!
Massage establishments in Texas were permitted to re-open starting May 18th. We chose to wait so that we could thoroughly review the available guidance and information and ensure that our protocols and policies were fully implemented. We did not make the decision of whether and when to reopen lightly. Our staged re-opening plan is based on guidance from state and local officials, Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals, The Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards, the CDC, and other experts in the health field, and we are meeting or exceeding the recommended guidelines. But given the high incidence of pre-symptomatic contagion, transmission via respiratory droplets produced from normal talking and breathing, and the close contact necessary to provide massage, nothing short of an effective treatment or vaccine will make it possible to get back to “normal”. For some of our therapists, this means they won’t be returning to work for a long time, if at all. But for others, the benefits of providing care and pain relief outweigh the risks. We are supporting therapists in the choice that makes the most sense for them, while doing everything we can to minimize risk every step of the way. If your therapist isn’t back yet and you need a recommendation, please let us know. We can also put you on a waitlist for your specific therapist when they return.
We ask that you prepare for your visit with the same care and consideration as you would before visiting a cherished grandparent: the next client your therapist sees may well be one! Please take the time to review the new guidelines and protocols you can expect on your next visit.
Before Your Appointment
- If you have any sign of illness, or if you have had close contact with anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, we will not be able to work with you. We are happy to reschedule you; please let us know with as much notice as possible.
- If you have not been able to practice proper distancing for at least two weeks, or have engaged in any behavior that puts you at high risk for contact, please delay scheduling your appointment.
- All necessary paperwork, including a Covid-19 release form and intake forms, must be filled out in advance.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to accommodate our new screening procedures and limited capacity in our lobby. If you arrive late, or if you haven’t completed paperwork in advance, your session will be shortened accordingly.
- Please bring your own water if needed, but otherwise leave unnecessary belongings in your car. If you need special accommodations in terms of positioning or equipment (eg bolstering) please contact us in advance so that we can prepare.
When you Arrive
- Please text us from your car to let us know you are parked. Our number is 512-458-4696. We will call you as soon as we are ready for you to come in.
- A properly fitted mask must be worn over your nose and mouth for the duration of your visit. Masks will be available for rent if you don’t bring one.
- When it’s your turn, we will unlock the door for you, check your temperature and ask a few screening questions.
- In order to ensure proper social distancing and disinfection, our waiting area and some of our amenities are not available at this time. After you check in, we will direct you to the restroom to wash your hands, and your therapist will meet you outside the restroom.
- Please sanitize your hands before and after touching any surfaces.
- During your visit, we ask that you keep conversation to a minimum to avoid unnecessary respiratory droplets in the air. If you have complex concerns that require extensive discussion, please contact us in advance so that we can arrange a call with your therapist.
- We would be happy to assist you with any retail purchases, but we ask that you do not touch anything in our retail area.
- Payment will be entirely contactless; we recommend prepayment, or if you prefer we will verify your billing details prior to your appointment and charge it while you are in session. You can specify any gratuity amounts before or after your appointment via text.
- We would be happy to book your next appointment by phone, text, or using our online booking system.
What we are doing
- Temperature and symptom screening of all staff at arrival.
- All staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters in each treatment room to remove 99.7% of airborne particles.
- Each treatment room is thoroughly sanitized between each client. We have added extra time between appointments to ensure that we can carefully complete all sanitization steps and allow the air to fully circulate.
- All high touch surfaces are sanitized frequently (after each use wherever possible) with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available through space for clients and staff.
- Minimized contact at check in and check out.
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns. Please note that in order to adhere to safety protocols, things may take a bit longer than before, and certain services and therapists will not be available. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience with our team. We can’t wait to (very carefully) get back to helping you feel better!
Catherine & Levi
Latest Updates during COVID-19
During Stage 1, we still have limited availability and we realize that not all clients will be ready or able to return. If you are dealing with pain or tension from home, you can still attend classes online or set up a video meeting with one of our therapists or trainers.
Online Classes: We have a schedule of online group classes available including Pilates, Floor Barre, Core Barre, Feldenkrais, Workout! with Erica Nix, and Yoga. Feel free to reach out with requests and suggestions for other classes.
Online Services: Meet with a massage therapist, acupuncturist, or movement teacher to get one-on-one advice or instruction. Consider asking for self-massage or partner massage techniques for a particular concern, advice on herbs and nutrition to help with immunity or a chronic health condition, guided meditation, nervous system regulation, or a customized yoga, pilates or Feldenkrais session. We also have a LPC intern with a Hakomi background on our team who can offer sliding scale mental health counseling sessions.
Help Support our Staff: If you would like to support our admin staff, therapists, and teachers during this difficult time, please consider purchasing gift certificates for future use, or donating to our relief fund. You can specify a specific recipient or donate to the general fund to be distributed according to need.
This week, we have a schedule of online group classes available including Pilates, Floor Barre, Core Barre, Feldenkrais, Workout! with Erica Nix, Gentle Yoga and Meditation, and Iyengar Yoga. We’ll be adding more classes according to demand as we go along. Please feel free to reach out with requests and suggestions.