With vaccination rates increasing and testing positivity rates currently at 2.2%, things are looking up in Austin! We are still playing it safe, but in recognition of the recent CDC guidelines and the growing evidence that vaccination is effective in preventing both infection and transmission of Covid-19, we are making a few changes to our protocols for those who have been vaccinated.
- Masks are still required in common areas. Please come prepared with a well-fitting mask over your nose and mouth, and check in at the front desk for a brief temperature check.
- Our front door and lobby are now open. You no longer need to text us at arrival and you are welcome to browse our retail selection or relax in our waiting area before session.
- HEPA filters will still be running in all treatment rooms.
- Fully vaccinated clients (with documentation) may remove masks in treatment rooms at their therapists’ discretion. If your therapist is not vaccinated, immunocompromised, or otherwise at risk, you will still be required to wear a mask for the duration of your visit even if you are vaccinated. If this is a critical factor to you, please let us know at booking so that we can match you with a fully vaccinated therapist.
- Fully vaccinated students (with documentation) may remove masks in classrooms, unless the teacher or another student is immunocompromised or otherwise at risk. If masking is a critical factor for you, please let us know when registering.
- Immunocompromised individuals are strongly urged to continue masking even if you have been vaccinated, as data suggests the vaccine is less effective for you.
- Those who are not fully vaccinated or who have not shared their vaccination card are required to continue masking during their entire visit.
- There is absolutely no obligation to share your vaccination status with us in order to receive services! Our policy changes only affect those who opt in to sharing their status.
- You can upload your vaccination card here: https://myoaustin.com/forms/covid-19-vax-status/
- According to our policy, “fully vaccinated” means that it has been at least 2 weeks since your final vaccination dose.
Thank you for your patience during this year of transitions! Please get in touch with any questions or feedback.